Why Self-Confidence Can Affect the Quality of our Lives
Have you ever walked into a meeting or party, and for some unknown reasons tend to put our attention a little more on certain people?
Some people naturally have it, but many others do not. They are not necessarily loud or flamboyant. This trait is something that can have huge long-term effects on almost all aspects of our lives – career, romantic relationships, friendships, mental health, and many more. And all of these aspects can determine the quality of lives we actually lead in our whole lifetime, and that’s “self-confidence”.
Many of us are likely not born with it, but if we recognize the importance of developing this, it can drastically change the way we navigate through this long journey of life. Here are some really important benefits of being able to confidently be yourself:
- Better manage stressful situations: This boils down to the trust in yourself to be able to navigate difficult situations. It’s easier to manage when you know you can.
- Maintain a Positive Attitude: It doesn’t mean everything would go well, but confidence helps push us forward.
- Better Relationships with Others: When you feel good about yourself, you’re naturally happier and people are more inclined to want to connect with you.
- Greater Influence: People want to follow or connect with those with confident energy (not arrogance), and it is very important for leadership positions.
- More Attractive: Yes, someone who possesses a good amount of confidence is far more attractive, not just romantically, but it helps with career advancements as well.
The list of benefits is non-exhaustive and you may benefit differently from others.
Most importantly, once we identify its importance to us, then we can start working on them to improve our lives.